I’ve had a sickly few days, not the kind of sick that keeps you in bed or stops you eating, not the kid of sick that plays with your head but the kind of sick that’s harder to explain.
I’ve had a fairly serious dose of impending doom, that’s the one that eats you from the inside out while you wait for the world to burn. I can’t open Twitter, Facebook or the Beeb news page without a deep rooted fear, like that old fear you had on a Sunday morning where you wonder what you’ve done or what you’re friend has done.
The only thing that is scary is that your one drunk friend who screams at the world, throws tantrums, is overly concerned with the size of his manhood and is beset by a hideous fragility and ego now has access to nukes. Nukes.
In one week, one bloody week, every day has brought new horrors, new gasps of ‘he did what’ and new places on your head to scratch raw. In one week President Drumph has set the course of America and the world back by decades, it’s a more alarming place, a more dangerous one one where if you aren’t white anglo saxon protestant you should be seriously considering building a shelter someplace. But what alarms me is that we now live in a world where I genuinely feel alarmed for my children.
From that #fuckingwall to immigration, muslims, refugees, birth control, voter fraud, attacking the first amendment and the free press and dealing with ‘aliens’ that aren’t the Area 51 kind he has had a busy few days.
- Trump has called for a “major investigation” into voter fraud. Most federal agencies believe that it doesn’t exist, he reckons there are three million illegal votes. Which is cute when you consider he lost the popular vote by three million votes.
- The Tweeter in chief signed an order directing Homeland Security to build a wall along the border with Mexico, while discussions around who will pay continue.
- Mexico has said it isn’t paying for that #fuckingwall. Trump has said that he will add a 20% tax on Mexican imports but everyone and their dog knows that’s insane and even the White House rolled back on it in double time. Doors still open though.
- The United States of America will now publish a weekly report that will be “a comprehensive list of criminal actions committed by aliens and any jurisdiction that ignored or otherwise failed to honor any detainers with respect to such aliens.” It will also have an “Office for Victims of Crimes Committed by Removable Aliens.” Thats right up there with making people wear coloured armbands to highlight their race or religion, he might as well round up all criminals and ship them off someplace.
- The United States of America is now using the term “removable aliens” Land of the free and home of the brave my arse.
- The Trump White House is preparing a draft order imaginatively called “Auditing and Reducing U.S. Funding of International Organizations,” that calls for “at least a 40 percent overall decrease” in U.S. funding of international groups. Alongside that there is a new draft order on “Moratorium on New Multilateral Treaties.” which will see the US closing in on itself.
- It is fairly clear that refugees not welcome
- It is also fairly clear that there will be open warfare on muslims across the planet, including those who live in the US.
- Trump also looks like he has decided to allow the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals” policy to expire, making millions of children “removable aliens.”
- In direct contrast to all known human knowledge President Trump believes torture “works,” and is planning to authorise the use of torture by the CIA and reopen “black site” prisons in order to torture suspects. You can bet Guantánamo Bay will slowly fill up again with people neither charged nor tried.
- Trump has had a few HR issues, the State Dept heads resigned and the Border Patrol chief resigned, signalling overwhelming support among senior staff for his policies.
- The White House Chief of Staff and Breitbart News hack called the media the Opposition Party, calling on them to keep their mouths shut. More on this later.
- Alternative Facts… ALTERNATIVE FACTS FFS.
- Trump called, actually lifted the phone to the National Park Service requesting a new image be published to show how big his
hands, sorry, INAUGURATION crowd was.
- Federal agencies have been ordered not to speak to the press, leading to a raft of new unofficial twitter accounts. See @ @ and @ to name but three.
- In one final blow in a week of hell, Trumps United States of America will impose a 30-day suspension of visas for anyone that might possibly be from a majority-Muslim country (according to Reuters that is Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen) yet there is talk of the United States of Trump making plenty of room for anyone from countries where Christian are being persecuted.
A couple of things that should be considered, the majority of White House senior staff are using their Republican Party email addresses, given the furore about Hillary and her server you would think this would be something they would fix. Apparently it’s not so bad now. Maybe they have assurances from Russia that they won’t be hacked. I Dunno.
The Tweeter in Chief is still using his own mobile to tweet and call.
Trump is a big baby. That’s what we’re dealing with, unexplainable tantrums, making a mess of the house, demanding attention and then rebelling against it, not sleeping and screaming incomprehensible gobbledegook at four in the morning, wanting every toy in the shop then smashing it to pieces and shitting himself on a regular basis. A baby.
So what so we do?
There are a few things. Buy a subscription to a good newspaper. They’re going to need every penny they can get. They will be so busy fact checking the madness at every turn that they are likely to miss the real guts of the hideous stuff Drumph and his Alt Government will pass. Torture is on the table. Deportations are on the table. Climate change is a myth for the US and his hands are the biggest ever, really, they’re huge.
Engage with your own politicians and ensure that any conversations with this baby are based on sound science, sense and less ass kissing. Get involved.
Use your voice. Protests work. This baby gets so incensed at anyone saying no that he goes off the rails; keep saying no, over and over and over. The Women’s march on Washington had more attendees than his inauguration, the Tweet fallout was glorious to watch, keep at him. Never forget that your voice does untold damage to a man that walked into the dick joke when everyone knows you never, ever walk into a dick joke.
Trump is an open door, keep kicking. He might be in this job for four years, if he can do this in one week we need to be awake for the rest of it. According to my mother if you have this kind of sickness you need to drink milk, apparently it helps settle the stomach.